Weekend Report: A Pop of Color

5:00 PM

Happy Monday (night, yikes)! I hope everyone had a good weekend.
 
So yesterday was my big get-my-butt-out-of-bed and do some work day. I tend to get extremely lazy on the weekends, because you know. Sleep. It's important. But once you get me out of bed, I become a contradiction to my own laziness. I put on makeup. I do my hair. I spend 30 minutes figuring out what I'm going to wear that day, instead of 5 minutes the night before (like normal). I like spending time on myself on the weekends, because during the week I hate getting up early to do may hair or put on makeup--again, because sleep. (Obviously, I like sleep a lot. Doesn't everyone?)
 
I wanted to focus my attention on adding just a pop of color to my usual neutral wardrobe, and I decided that this red scarf was the ticket. I haven't worn it in a while, but it's pretty and soft and makes it look like I'm trying a lot harder than I am. I added a fancy knot I learned on Pinterest, threw it on over my floral blazer and some casual weekend clothes, and was ready to go study/create a discovery chart for my scholar students/have a meeting about Women's Bar stuff/go to a Keep-Collective jewelry party.
 
(I was also able to stand on a street corner and take photos of myself with my iPad without feeling really super self-conscious. Honestly, I was pretending that all of the cars driving didn't have people in them who could be staring at me while I took lots of pictures of myself looking fly. It helped that there weren't a lot of other pedestrians around.)
 
Is there anything you do in your beauty routine on the weekends that you can't seem to get around to during the week?
 





 










xoxo

Carisa

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Follow me on Twitter!

Follow me on Pinterest!

Subscribe To Legally Charming Style!