A Very "Casual" Affair

2:52 PM

I've noticed that I throw around the word "casual" a lot on this blog. As a matter of fact, it might be suffering from overuse...maybe I should consult a thesaurus? (Has law school robbed me of my vocabulary? Probably.) I also overuse easy-going, too...but that's for another blog.

I think I like the word so much because I like to live my life in as carefree a manner as possible, and that reflects to my wardrobe. Really, truthfully, I like looking like it took a shit-ton of effort to get dressed without actually having put in a shit-ton of effort to get dressed. I'm not a formal person in much of anything other than legal writing, where it's required (and even then I like to sneak in a little levity and snark).

I live by the thought that getting dressed shouldn't be difficult; it should be as easy-breezy as humanly possible, because I place more priority towards things like sleep and food and friends and academic success. I love clothes, don't get me wrong. I love getting dressed. But seriously, does anyone want to stand in front of their closet for two hours trying to figure out what to wear?

Take for example this outfit. I decided I wanted to wear the shirt. Red and black gingham is perfect for fall. Then I put on jeans. But it looked so boring. So the easiest way to make it less boring? Toss on a patterned coat, bright shoes, and a mini arm party of bracelets. DONE. Ready for class on Friday.

My best advice for your wardrobe? Don't think TOO hard. You have better things to do.











xoxo

Carisa

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Follow me on Twitter!

Follow me on Pinterest!

Subscribe To Legally Charming Style!