Brunch and Banana Bread

4:54 PM

Happy Sunday!

No one think about the fact that Monday is tomorrow, okay? You've still got a few more hours to enjoy the weekend!

I was so excited this weekend because I got to have brunch with one of my favorite Baltimore people, my friend Makayla. She's an absolute doll, and since for the next month or so we'll live in the same apartment complex, hanging out is super convenient.

I wanted to be comfortable and relaxed, but still cute. Since I'm working this summer, all my shorts and skirts are reserved for evenings and weekends, and I wanted to take advantage of the chance to wear something fun.






I love this skirt. It's short, but mixed with a loose, sheer shirt, it looks casual and fun. The yellow is a fab pop of color for the weekend (and also doubles as a great professional skirt). And since I really don't like to go all out short and sleeveless unless I'm doing one of my rare turns at the club/I've time warped to age 22, this army jacket is the perfect counterbalance and pulls the whole thing together.

I'm trying new poses. "What, this old wall?"
Brunch was great--good food, great conversation, and then pedis together with our friend Ally. The easy, fun kind of Saturday I prefer to have. :)

My sister gifted this clutch to me a few years ago--LOVE--and borrowed shades.

The whole outfit together.

Today I'm wearing yoga pants and a tee, so no outfit pics. But for today, we'll talk about my second love--baking! I've been dying to try this banana bread recipe I found on Pinterest for a little bit, but I didn't have enough bananas until I went to the grocery store Friday.

Ingredients--plus a cup of flour!

Creamed butter and sugar, plus two beaten eggs.

3 mashed bananas. Add them into the egg, butter, and sugar mixture.
Add flour, salt, and baking soda.
Pour into pan and bake for 40-50 minutes...
...and voila! Banana bread!
And all while rocking a pretty fabulous pedicure.






Hope you all had a great weekend!

Outfit: Jacket, Old Navy (similar here) | Top, Marshall's (similar here (on sale!)) | Skirt, Forever 21 (similar here and here) | Clutch, Coach (similar here (on sale!)) | Sandals, Ross (similar here)

Recipe for banana bread courtesy of pinterest.com 
(find on my Pinterest page http://www.pinterest.com/legalcharmstyle under Sweet Tooth Satisfaction)


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Follow me on Twitter!

Follow me on Pinterest!

Subscribe To Legally Charming Style!