Color Ninja

6:50 AM

Hellooooo again!

In the last post, I mentioned that the legal profession doesn't allow for a lot of bright color. Generally, our court color palette is limited to black, grey, brown, navy, tan, and white. Very rarely, you can pop in some color in a necklace or a mostly hidden shirt under a suit.

Sometimes, however, you're dying to wear some color. And in order to do that, you have to be a color ninja.

Today was one of those days. See this skirt?


It looks black, doesn't it? Just basic, boring old black.

But wait. Look again.


That's no black skirt. It's OXBLOOD.

I know. The things I get excited about, right? When I got this skirt as a hand-me-down from my roommate, I wasn't sure how I'd get to wear it, or when. Then I got the idea to sneak it in to suit separates for the office, and with this stunning, muted floral top, it felt like I was doing something rebellious without actually being crazy. It was the perfect outfit to make connections, kick butt and take names as I help my boss with her judicial commission report.

This skirt's going to get put into rotation pretty regularly (just as soon as I dry clean out the wrinkles!!).




top, Marshall's (similar here) | blazer, Kohl's (on sale!) | skirt, Express (similar, on sale) | shoes, DKNY (similar here) | watch, Sam Moon Trading (similar here)

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Plenty of thanks for sharing this informative post and also very interesting. Thanks for sharing.
    How to Buy the Best Outdoor Gear on a Budget

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Follow me on Twitter!

Follow me on Pinterest!

Subscribe To Legally Charming Style!