Sugar

3:44 PM

Can I get a holla for the end of the work week?!

It has been a CRAZY first week of July. It's been very exciting for me, though! I was offered a teaching assistant position for two sections of civil procedure and asked to draft a report for a second committee in the state of Maryland's Commission on Child Custody Decision Making. I am so thrilled at all the opportunities I've been getting lately, and it just keeps getting better!

But with all this stuff going on, sometimes a girl's gotta let loose and have some fun. So yesterday I took myself out for a little (budget) shopping session.

I've been participating in two Instagram style challenges: Style Me July from Hilary Rushford and Dean Street Society and Pants Dance July from Samantha of I Wore Pants Blog. I'm only three days in and I already love doing these challenges. I get to interact with a TON of different Instagram users and see lots of adorable outfits! I'm so excited to participate.

 
Style Me July's challenge was Candy Color Block. I was already wearing this shirt at work, and it happens to be one of my favorites. The color is fantastic and served as the base for this outfit. These shorts were actually a pair of Gap chino capris I bought for $6 at a consignment store clearance. I'd planned to take in the legs, but eventually I just got frustrated and cut them off and folded them. The shirt and shorts is actually a repeat of an outfit I wore to Harper's Ferry a few months ago for a day trip with the family.


With the shopping trip, I wanted to up the ante on the colors. So I added the yellow belt and coral bag to give it extra pop.



Yes I am a pasty, pasty girl. Try not to judge.
The Pants Dance July challenge was relatively easy: a pair of flat out fabulous shoes. I chose to go with the pair I wore earlier in the day: a nice, nude patent flat with tassels that wouldn't compete with the rest of the outfit. I picked these up for the bargain basement price of $5.


The shopping trip was a budget success! I am very self-conscious about spending right now, since I have to live on the remainder of my student loans until the new ones roll in mid-August (pray for me!). But I got some adorable stuff!

New secret for Instagram/blogging: scrapbook paper as a background. Brilliant!
I am an NYX Cosmetics nut, so I bought their new Butter Lipstick in "Little Susie," a cheerful pink. The conditioner I tried a few months ago and it's AMAZING. (Their Beach Babe spray is also the bomb.) And the stationary to write a little ol' thank you to the professor that re(commended me for the teaching assistant position. :)

Can't wait to share more Style Challenge outfits! Have a VERY happy Fourth of July, friends!

Outfit: Top, Nordstrom Rack (similar here) | Shorts, Gap (similar here) | Belt, Target (similar here) | Bag, Target (similar here) | Shoes, Pink and Pepper (similar here)

Products: Intensive Hair Unit Conditioner | NYX Butter Lipstick | Stationary in Target stores

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Follow me on Twitter!

Follow me on Pinterest!

Subscribe To Legally Charming Style!