Twirling Into Spring

1:54 PM











It's a special Leap Day edition of the blog!! 

I am so ready for spring, you guys. I can't even tell you how much I want to wear all my light floral skirts and open-toed shoes and everything airy/happy. This winter has felt hella long and there's nothing else I want more than for it to be over.

Thankfully, the weekends have been giving some reprieve to the cold and grey--the day I shot this outfit, it was in the 60s and I was pretty much dying of happiness. As soon as I saw that forecast on my weather app, I tossed on this bright floral midi skirt and these fabulous sandals that I have been waiting to wear since the day I bought them (I tried them on while wearing a parka, because winter). 

Spring isn't just about pretty clothes, though--it's always the time that I realize that the new year is here and gives me a chance to reflect on everything wonderful that's coming. For me, 2016 is going to be the best and craziest year of my life. I graduate in less than 80 days and then dive into a summer of prepping for the most difficult test I'll ever take in my life! One of my best friends is getting married in August, I'm starting my first attorney job at the end of the summer, I'll (hopefully) get sworn in to practice law in Maryland, and to cap it off, my thirtieth birthday is at the end of the year!! I can't even tell you how excited I am for all of these fantastic developments. 2016/29 has already been an overwhelmingly great year, and seeing all this ahead makes me excited because it seems like my best days are ahead of me.

All of this is coming for me and I can't wait--but for now, I'll be content twirling my skirts, putting on a bright print, and feeling the sun shining down on me. 

xoxo

Carisa



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Follow me on Twitter!

Follow me on Pinterest!

Subscribe To Legally Charming Style!