#festivefriday: Happy Half-Birthday, LCS!

11:30 AM

Hi everybody! Happy Friday, and...

IT'S THE BLOG'S HALF-BIRTHDAY!!!

I can't believe I've been at this for six months. This may not be a big deal to everyone, but as a girl who is the master of inconsistency in blogging, I am beyond excited that I've gotten this far without stopping.

I started this blog sort of on a whim, sort of on the bubble of confidence I got from friends who told me I was always well dressed, and from the inspiration of other fashion bloggers I'd started following on Instagram and Pinterest. I thought it was the coolest thing I'd ever seen. I wanted to start it too, but I kept delaying, because I wasn't sure how it would go or if anyone would like it. I thought I'd feel dumb and I'd quit working on it, like I had with so many other blogs before it.

But this one has been different. I've received support from friends at law school, on Instagram, from family and friends back home. It's been a blast learning how to take my own photos through trial and error, and experimenting with my outfits in a way I honestly didn't do before I started the blog. It brightens up my day just to get on here, type an entry, and post some lovely photos for you folks to look at.

This outfit is one I wore out a few weeks ago to a friend's birthday. I think it's a great reflection of what this blog is--an everyday life blog. I don't usually wear long slinky dresses, stilettos or designer clothes; my life is full of less exciting things, like memos, exams, and meetings. Instead, I dress for what the day calls for, and try to add a little bit of fun to go with it. As you know, my style philosophy is as simple as I can get away with and still look put together, and this look does that.

My friend Jess and I had a blast wrangling balloons, running for the lighter and dry erase markers, and generally making this one of the most fun times I've ever had doing an outfit shoot. (If you ever do a shoot with me, just know this--I pay in baked goods. Always a good incentive, amirite?) She took these AMAZING photos, and I'm so glad I have these to remember the half-versary by.

Now I'm going to ask a little something from you. If you have any suggestions about things you'd like to see on here--collaborations, makeup reviews, home decor, more baking--let me know so that in the new year, I can make this blog the best thing it can be.

Thank you so much for six months of fun, sparkles, sarcasm and fashion--I'm hoping for many more! 





xoxo

Carisa


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Follow me on Twitter!

Follow me on Pinterest!

Subscribe To Legally Charming Style!