Is it Worth it?: Rocksbox Edition

3:26 PM

Happy Tuesday everyone!

I admit it, guys: I'm a poor student. I don't have a lot of money. But at the same time, I always want to look as on point as possible. So as a bargain fashionista, I am always looking for ways to save money on my monthly clothing/shoe/jewelry/makeup spending extravaganzas (and by that, I mean spending $100).

One of the more popular "save money" methods I've seen advertised is the subscription box. If you don't know what I'm talking about, a subscription box service provides samples and/or rental products for you to try on a monthly basis for a nominal (or not so nominal) fee. These days it seems there's a subscription box service for everything--jewelry, clothes, beauty products, sunglasses--you name it, there's a box for it.

So as a public service to you, I've decided that once every other month, I will review a subscription box service to let you know whether I think it's worth spending your money on.

And this month we're starting with Rocksbox!

Rocksbox is easily one of the most popular and recognizable subscription box services in the industry. Co-founded by Meaghan Rose and Maia Bitter as a jewelry lending service from Rose's own personal closet, it has taken off into a huge business that continues to see growth.

But is it worth it for you to try out? Check out the info below!




How does it work?

Rocksbox provides users with three designer jewelry pieces at a time. These pieces are selected based on both the user's style quiz (taken upon creating a profile) and a list of pieces the user selects from before receiving their first box.

Do the items have to be returned?

It depends. If you aren't interested in keeping the items after wearing them, then yes. Rocksbox provides a shipping label to be placed on the same shipping envelope the items arrive in. Rocksbox asks that you return the pieces in their original packaging--jewelry bags and all--so don't lose anything!! You pay no shipping to return the items.

If you're interested in keeping something, you do not have to return the item. Simply box up everything else and send it back. When your items are received back, the company will charge you for the cost of the piece.

How long do I get to keep the items?

Theoretically, you could keep them forever as long as you keep paying your monthly user fee!! Rocksbox doesn't charge for keeping the items for more than a month (I would know--oops).

How much does the service cost?

The service costs $19.00/month.

What's the value of the items I'm receiving?

Rocksbox sets usually retail around $200.00 in total.

Finally...the big question. Is it worth it?

To me, yes! I'm not a big jewelry person, so buying jewelry isn't really worthwhile for me because I'm not going to wear it much. Getting a few curated pieces a month is nice because it allows me to try new things without committing to the price tag (I'm looking at you, Kendra Scott).

If you're the type of person who constantly wants to buy jewelry, this service could become expensive if you're constantly buying the pieces that are in your box. At that point, it would almost be more worthwhile to purchase the jewelry outside of the service.

Anything else I should know?

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT pay for your first month. Pretty much every blogger out there has a code (I do too: it's legallycharmingstylexoxo*) that gets you your first month free. Try it out for a month and see if you love it--if you do, keep paying for it. If not, there's no harm and no foul!


Is this review helpful? What subscription box should I do next? Let me know in the comments below!

xoxo

Carisa

Disclosure: I was offered Rocksbox as a Shine Insider for three months free beginning in August of 2015. However, I am no longer a sponsored user. All opinions of the service are my own. 


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I've been hearing a lot about rocksbox. The jewelry looks really nice and I like that it's higher end. I got my mom bezel box for Mother's Day last year and she really liked it. You get to keep the jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really great quality jewelry! I'm wearing the ring from my last box right now.
      I've never heard of Bezel Box before--I'll have to check that out, thanks!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.

Follow me on Twitter!

Follow me on Pinterest!

Subscribe To Legally Charming Style!