Resolution 2015: Get Sh!t Done

7:52 AM

Welcome to 2015!


So the blog has been a bit empty lately. My winter outfits have been, shall we say, uninspired (unless I was going out to party, apparently), and I have been making a whole lot of excuses not to photograph. 

Which, in a way, led to my resolution this year. 

I read once on my friend Hannah's blog (www.hannahbunker.com/@hannahbunker on Instagram, btw-you should check her out) that she doesn't make specific goals for the year. Rather, her idea is to have an overarching theme for the year, and the things she wants to achieve fall within that theme. Since I read that, I've realized this is exactly what I want to do. 

Last year's accidental resolution/theme was to be authentic. I came out; I started a blog where I shared real talk about fashion, confidence and my life; and I was more honest with myself and others about how I felt. It was a great year, and that work will of course continue. 

This year, however, I want to shift over into accountability. In other words, getting shit done. I tend to make excuses when I don't want to do something, and I really dislike that I am that way. So this year, it's time to do something about it. 

Don't want to take fashion photos because it's too cold or I don't like my camera setup? Do it anyway. Love what I have. Make mistakes and be okay with it. Enjoy the little things.

Don't want to do schoolwork? Get it done anyway. I'll feel more accomplished afterward. Appreciate the career path I'm on and the ability to make a difference to others.

No time to workout? There is time, I probably just feel lazy or like I'll never be in as good of shape as I once was. I can do it--I just have to try. Love the body I have and respect it, even when it's imperfect (more on that later).

It may sound like I'm being harsh on myself, and maybe I am a little. Maybe 2015 is the year of tough self-love. The truth is, I'm not being the self I could be when I'm lazing in my pj's watching How I Met Your Mother reruns on repeat. I think there is a time for that, sure-but I also think this is the time to realize that isn't every day. Sometimes it's time to step up to the plate and get things done so I can do more. If I want to be my most authentic self, I need to get the daily things achieved so I have time to find out more about who that authentic woman is. I can't do that if I'm ignoring the to-do list. 

So there it is. 2015: the year I learn to get shit done. The year I learn to differentiate between excuses and desires. The year I learn to be more accountable to myself.

Even if it means I'm writing this entry from my bed, in my pj's. One step at a time, ok? :) 


xoxo

Carisa

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Follow me on Twitter!

Follow me on Pinterest!

Subscribe To Legally Charming Style!