April Recap!

8:13 PM

Whewwwww a lot happened in April! (and somehow it's almost kinda halfway through May. Like wait what?)

I'm finally getting around to this because the end of last month exploded into work and stress and argghhhhhh when will I get to blog again?! But I really do have a ton of new ideas for the blog and things I wanna talk about, so let's hope the summer becomes a more productive time!

But before we do that, let's talk about April!

I shared with the world a very personal story about my experience with sexual assault


It was literally both one of the easiest and hardest things I've ever done in my life, but I was so grateful for all the love and support I received from friends, family, and a wonderful horde of strangers on the Internet. I'm very blessed to know so many amazing, open-minded people.

I started trying going to cool stuff like Baltimore's own Emporiyum and Light City.


If you know me at all, most nights of the week I really like being in my house and snuggling my cat and doing literally N O T H I N G because I'm so drained from work!! But in April I started making a concerted effort to go see things and talk to people, and I'm finding it's not too bad at all (though I definitely still need my nights alone)! I ate a lot, I talked a lot, I saw a bunch of cool stuff-so overall pretty cool!

I was a part of a Cinco de Mayo photo shoot for a local shop in Baltimore. 



My dear friend Melanie invited me to participate in a second shoot for local Baltimore shop Caravanserai (located in Hampden-check it out!) with a Cinco de Mayo theme! I hung out with a bunch of amazinggggg ladies and a very talented photographer while eating tacos, drink Jarritos, and trying not to fall asleep after suffering a bout of food poisoning the night before.

I shook my booty at the Society for Excellent Women dance party.


I'm a big, big fan of dance parties!! I may not like going out on a Saturday night, but if I'm gonna do it, I'm always excited to spend the night dancing like a crazy person to Whitney Houston! I spent a Saturday night in April dancing with some of my best gals and it was a blast.

I re-discovered that there is so much kindness in the world. 


Truth be told, April was a very difficult month for me personally and professionally after a year that's so far been a nonstop roller coaster of tribulation. I try to keep a sunny disposition, but it's been hard to do. Thankfully, this particularly difficult season allowed me to look for the good in everyday life in a way I'd been neglecting of late. My friends texted and checked on me constantly. The barista at Starbucks gave me free coffee. My parents sent messages and called telling me they loved me and reminding me that I'll overcome. People took me to dinner and out for drinks. My roommate bought me pizza just because. The girls in my office treated me to cookies and didn't judge me once when I cried.

The world is a phenomenal place. It's hard to remember that sometimes when life is working hard to kick you down. But even when things are hard, I'm truly lucky to have such a great life filled with supportive, wonderful people.


What did you do in April? What did April teach you? Tell me all about it below!

xoxo

Carisa


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Follow me on Twitter!

Follow me on Pinterest!

Subscribe To Legally Charming Style!