Dressy Boyfriend Jeans

6:49 PM











Top: Philosophy (fun option here!) | Jeans: Ten Shopping Event (similar here) | Shoes: Kohl's (similar here) | Necklace: handmade by me (cute option here) | Purse: Wal-mart (similar here)

Photography: Katie Venezia of Katie Vee Photography (website | instagram)

Happy Tuesday!!

I'm soooooooooooo excited to be dropping these photos on the blog at last! I finally got the chance to work with Katie of Katie Vee Photography, and let. me. tell. you. Aren't these amazing?! She delivered them so fast and made me look super #flawless. 

When Katie and I first discussed working together, I admit I had literally no clue what I was going to wear. Then I bought these boyfriend jeans at a Ten Shop Ten event and I had a flutter of remembrance that I had once saved a magazine clipping in my outfit binder of Reese Witherspoon wearing boyfriend jeans back in 2010. (Yes, before Pinterest, I had a binder full of outfits.) I pulled the binder off my shelf, found the look, and was instantly inspired to put this together. (Yes, I still own the binder. I still use it for inspo. Whaaaat?!) 

We all know that I'm a girly girl and my preferred denim profile is a pair of high-waisted skinny jeans with a tucked-in shirt and either sneaks or heels. But I knew with this boyfriend look that wouldn't be an option, so I flipped the proportions over and replaced flowy with cropped and structured, skinnies with destroyed denim, and sneakers with block-heeled sandals.

I actually really love this look!! It's not the "thinnest" look I've put on my body, but I enjoyed doing something different and trying it with a really cool photographer who made me feel like a million bucks by telling me after every photo that I looked gorgeous (thanks, Katie!). I'm totally going to try styling these boyfriends in other ways, too, so keep a lookout for that!

Are there any looks you're dying to try but haven't yet? Anything you want to see me try? Let me know in the comments below!

xoxo

Carisa 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Follow me on Twitter!

Follow me on Pinterest!

Subscribe To Legally Charming Style!