Authenticity

8:36 AM










cardigan, sold out but love this onelove this dressshoessimilar bag

It's Friday, and it's April 1st!! (Where in the world is the time going, you guys??)

Last weekend my blogger gal pal Taliah and I went out shooting in Mount Vernon because it was the absolute PERFECT spring day and I wanted to capture the pretty pink leaves on the trees, the bright sun, and the beauty of my favorite city.

So I texted Taliah and I was all set on picking out a "trendy" spring look involving Pantone colors (a pale blue bow-tie blouse was in the mix) and animal prints. I put it on, did my makeup...and something felt off about it. I loved each piece individually, but in real life, it wasn't something I'd really put together. I was trying to be someone who wasn't me, and y'all, it was NOT working.

About twenty minutes before I was supposed to leave I pulled off everything and started over. I dug through my spring clothes that I had just unboxed and I found this thrifted J. Crew dress that I had forgotten about. I looked at it and the cardigan from my Le Tote box side by side and realized that the peach colors matched. I love mixing prints because it makes me happy. While it wasn't "fancy" or really "trendy," the whole look was me to a T. It felt right. I wasn't feeling uncomfortable or fidgety, I wasn't worried about the fact that my purse and shoes have appeared in several blog posts. I felt authentic, and I think that's the most important thing you can be.

So lesson learned? Dress like yourself. Who cares if it's trendy? I'm all for trying new things out of your box sometimes, but do it in a way that works for you. You don't have to wear all the trends at once! (Heck, I even wore that pale blue top and same jeans later in the week with different shoes.) At the end of the day, you need to feel comfortable in your own skin, because it's so much easier to live your life when you feel like you.

xoxo

Carisa

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Follow me on Twitter!

Follow me on Pinterest!

Subscribe To Legally Charming Style!