My "Go-Getter" Color

4:23 PM

Welcome back to the blog!

This post is long overdue, but it took me a while to figure out what exactly I wanted to write about. I mean, I've worn some pretty cute stuff lately, don't get me wrong, but none of it was really clicking in the inspiration center. And then I started looking back at my fashion posts and realized something.

I have a "go-getter" color.

The "go-getter" color, in my mind, is the one color that you wear and feel the most yourself. The color that makes you feel happy, radiant, and as though you can go out and kick the world's ass if necessary. For some people, this is the stereotypical power color: red. For Elle Woods, it was pink.

But for me, it's yellow. I find that yellow is that snap to make me have a better day. I get a lot of compliments in yellow. I've worn yellow on some of my really good days (the day I got an academic award), in really good pictures (the day I took pretty much my best self-portrait ever), and days when I need to feel motivated (studying at home).

I haven't always been a subscriber to the power of yellow, but for me, it's become a necessary staple to a good wardrobe. It looks good in all seasons (a classmate of mine was just commenting she saw a girl rock a yellow purse with fall neutrals); it makes you pay attention to the person wearing it. I'm a bit reluctant to the spotlight, but in yellow I feel like I can do anything. I can get that A and the job. It is a reflection of my happy nature; it's also there to remind me of that happy nature when life feels like it's going to total shit. It may only be a color, but it does powerful things.









What's YOUR "go-getter" color?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Follow me on Twitter!

Follow me on Pinterest!

Subscribe To Legally Charming Style!