New Romantics

7:46 PM









Purse: (c/o Coach) | Sweater: Goodnight Macaroon | Skirt: Target (similar here) | Flats: DSW (similar here) | Earrings: Kendra Scott via Rocksbox (similar here) | Ring: Rocksbox 


Confession: I don't love Valentine's Day. But I do love dressing for it!!!

Now, hear me out: Valentine's Day seems to have gotten more and more commercial as the years go on. It seems like it's more about the chocolates and stuffed animals and jewelry than it used to be. Maybe that's because as kids we didn't have to do anything other than bring conversation hearts and a valentine for every one of our classmates.  

That being said, any excuse to put on Valentine's colors and combine all my romantic and soft pieces into one look is totally worthwhile in my book!

I found this amazing, dreamy floral-textured sweater on Goodnight Macaroon ON MY BIRTHDAY for under $40! This thing is soft as hell, so pretty, and makes a statement. It can fit in either with a romantic look like this or with a pair of high-waisted blue jeans and simple boots! It's now a lot more pricey than when I bought it, but it's definitely worthwhile if you're looking for a piece that's a big time statement.

Since romance was the goal, I did a little front-tuck and paired with with this soft blush pleated midi skirt. I love the gentleness of this skirt and how easy it is to twirl and play with (because yes, I'm an adult)! Now typically as a short girl, I'd pair this skirt with heels to make myself at least look average height. But I have absolutely no regrets about adding these wine lace-ups because sometimes it's fun to mix it up and I actually think it works here!! 

I topped the look off by matching my shoes to my fave Coach bag, adding gold jewelry for a fun pop against the gray, and painting on a signature red lip. 

I wore this look out to dinner with some of my favorite blogger babes about a month ago, but it isn't just  a look for girls' night-it's great for date night too!

What are your thoughts on Valentine's Day? What are you planning to wear out? Tell me below! 

xoxo

Carisa


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Follow me on Twitter!

Follow me on Pinterest!

Subscribe To Legally Charming Style!